This is a podcast of the webinar ‘Testamentary trusts – bespoke planning opportunities’ held on 18 August 2015.
The webinar was presented by specialist View team members Carrie Payne and Matthew Burgess.
The ongoing evolution of all aspects of estate planning has increasingly seen more creative uses of testamentary trusts. This presentation explored a range of planning opportunities for testamentary trusts including:
- Planning in relation to assets that do not otherwise form part of a will maker’s estate;
- Tax treatment of each asset class owned via a testamentary trust;
- The attitude of the Australian Taxation Office towards testamentary trusts and various planning strategies;
- Testamentary trust cloning and splitting
- Bespoke company constitutions and fettering of a trustee’s discretion; and
- Changing the domicile of a testamentary trust.