This is a podcast of the webinar ‘I’m a celebrity get me out of here – estate planning horror stories of the rich and famous’ held on 17 September 2015.
The webinar was presented by Matthew Burgess and Patrick Ellwood, directors of View and widely recognised as two of Australia’s leading revenue focused lawyers.
There are a myriad of estate planning issues to consider using examples from celebrity estate planning failures. Insights from practical unsuccessful use of estate planning tools by celebrities in their estate planning.
Case studies included:
- Michael Hutchence’s international gift and loan back arrangement
- The Reinhart Family and trust vesting tips
- Dame Elizabeth Murdoch’s life lessons
- Winston Churchill and keeping it simple
- The Lew Family and ‘outlaw’ planning
- Ken Talbot and the use of memorandums of directions
- Michael Wright and the $250K diamond encrusted bass guitar