This is a podcast of the webinar ‘Enduring powers of attorney and guardianship – everything you need to know’ held on 17 November 2015.
The webinar was presented by Tara Lucke and Patrick Ellwood, directors of View and widely recognised as two of Australia’s leading revenue focused lawyers in this area.
Arguably, one of the most contentious areas of estate planning relates to enduring powers of attorney and guardianship.
There is an array of issues that must be taken into account in relation to appointing attorneys and guardians.
In this 60-minute presentation, we explored some of the key things that advisers must address, including:
- how to structure the appointment of more than one attorney;
- the interrelationship between attorneys, enduring attorneys, guardians, executors and binding death benefit nominations;
- the interplay of these arrangements across state and international borders;
- the role of state government departments; and
- the implications of recent court decisions, including the high court’s decision in Stanford.