This is a podcast of the webinar ‘Everything you need to know about the new Small Business Rollover rules’ held on 21 July 2016.
Subdivision 328-G commenced on July 1 2016, with the intention of providing Small Businesses with flexibility to restructure into a more appropriate form.
The range of issues to consider when restructuring are potentially broad.
While existing rollovers apply only in narrow circumstances, the new provisions provide a myriad of tantalising restructure opportunities.
This webinar will explore all technical aspects of the provisions and use numerous case studies, including:
- what constitutes a ‘genuine restructure’;
- using trust cloning and trust splitting as a restructuring method;
- restructuring heritage trusts with proximate vesting dates or limited variation powers;
- how to restructure from a sole-trader to a company owned by a family trust; and
- other planning opportunities.