This is a podcast of the webinar ‘Post-Death Estate Planning Strategies’ held on 24 August 2016.
Generally a comprehensive estate plan must be implemented well before a person dies or loses capacity. There are some exceptions to this rule and with the aging population it is vital for all advisers to be aware of the main strategies available.
This presentation will consider key post death estate planning strategies including:
- All forms of post death testamentary trusts
- Related ‘special purpose’ trusts (including child maintenance trusts)
- The key tax, stamp duty and commercial issues
- Adjacent planning opportunities, including statutory wills
- Detailed case study examples