In this podcast, the View Legal team explore the following topic ‘Superannuation + Incapacity: The formula to avoid failure’ which was held on 17 June 2021.
In many estate planning exercises, superannuation is either the second largest – or largest – asset.
As superannuation savings continue to accumulate the number of superannuation fund members suffering events of incapacity also seems to be growing.
Particularly in the SMSF space, it is critical for advisers to understand the interplay between the superannuation regime and the enduring powers of attorney rules.
This webinar explores all the key issues in this regard, including:
- How to structure the appointment of attorneys with reference to superannuation entitlements
- The interrelationship between attorneys, enduring attorneys, guardians, super fund trustees, executors and binding death benefit nominations
- The ability for attorneys to make BDBNs and manage ‘fast death tax’
- The role of state government departments
- The implications of the key recent court decisions in this area
For access to more webinars and resources join one (or all) of the View Communities.
Reminder to View Community members – join us in the FaceBook group for a deeper conversation about this topic and how you can leverage your learnings for your customers.
Not a member? Learn about View’s online mastermind communities below to see which one (or three) suits the needs of you and your business.
Techniview - For advisers working in holistic estate planning (including trusts, asset protection, superannuation, tax and business succession)
Adviewser - For advisers wanting to facilitate legal solutions for their clients in holistic Estate Planning
Viewruption - For professional service providers wanting to iterate their business model (including abandoning timesheets)
Some of the resources that View Legal has on offer that may be of assistance include:
Related articles and resources:
Listen to View’s previous episode here.