This is a podcast of the webinar ‘Testamentary trusts: key revenue issues’ held on 29 October 2014.
The webinar was presented by Tara Lucke and Matthew Burgess, directors of View and widely recognised as two of Australia’s leading revenue focused lawyers in this area.
This 90 minute presentation specifically addresses:
- Distributions from testamentary trusts, including:
- distributions to minor beneficiaries
- external accretions to testamentary trusts after death
- the treatment of capital gains
- Implications of holding a main residence in a testamentary trust
- The transfer of assets from:
- the will maker to the LPR
- the LPR to the testamentary trust
- the testamentary trust to a beneficiary during the term of the trust and on vesting.