The Tax Office and Courts alike are increasingly focused on trustees who inadvertently breach the terms of a trust deed.
Invariably the any adviser assisting the trust will be implicated in any alleged breach.
This case study based webinar will explain the key issues all advisers must be aware of with trust deeds, including:
- Definitions of income and capital
- Understanding the key beneficiary classes
- Family Trust Elections and Interposed Entity Elections
- Vesting and perpetuity issues
- Valid exercise of variation powers
For access to more webinars and resources join one (or all) of the View Communities.
Reminder to View Community members – join us in the FaceBook group for a deeper conversation about this topic and how you can leverage your learnings for your customers.
Not a member? Learn about View’s online mastermind communities below to see which one (or three) suits the needs of you and your business.
Techniview: For advisers working in holistic estate planning (including trusts, asset protection, superannuation, tax and business succession)
Adviewser: For advisers wanting to facilitate legal solutions for their customers in holistic Estate Planning
Viewruption: For professional service providers wanting to iterate their business model (including abandoning timesheets)
Related articles and resources:
- PODCAST: #52 – Lost trust deeds – some solutions
- PODCAST: #76 – Adviser Facilitated Business Succession Planning: The Steps for Success
Listen to View’s previous episodes here.